Register for Plant Identification Basics on Sunday, October 14th
Led by Vincent Frano of The Bower Studio
Learning how to identify plants can open your eyes to a completely new world. Plus it's an essential for anyone interested in wildcrafting for food or medicine, as well as those studying plants for work or as a hobby. During this workshop, we will be going over the core skills for plant identification through group exercises and brief lectures.
Participants will learn:
- basic botanical terminology related to plant ID
- safety and best practices for wild harvesting
- how to build a plant ID "tool kit"
- how to ID common plants in the region
- basic plant family ID skills
- how to ID plants in each season
- using your senses to guide your ID
Please bring a journal and something to write with! You may also want to bring a towel or blanket to sit on outside.
This workshop will be held outside for part of the time. If the weather is too wet that day, we will reschedule for a rain date. You will be notified of any changes as soon as possible.
COST - $5 to $20 sliding scale (if you can pay more than the base $5, please bring cash or check)DATES
- Sunday, October 14th (weather permitting) TIMES
1:00pm to 3:00
- The Bower Studio: 378 Daniel Shays Hwy, Pelham, MA 01002
We will meet inside the shop and venture outside for hands on plant identification and exercises.